Thursday, August 11, 2011

refinished side table!

I just LOVE to refinish furniture it is so much fun! This little beaut i found a garage sale for $3 bucks. one i saw it i knew i had to have it. It is seriously the cutest little thing. I knew that i could totally refinish it and make it my own and turn it into something so cute. I sanded it and had it sitting for a while at my house and this week i told myself that i was going to finish this. so i went to walmart and found the color pistachio spray paint and went to work that night when the kids went to bed. I was a little nervous about the color but knew if it didnt workout i could alway change it. The first coat was completed and i ran out of spray paint so back to walmart i went to get the 2nd spray can and finished it the next day while the kids were taking their naps.
I knew that i wanted to antique it but had no idea how to do it. My sister in law had just antiqued hers the day before so asked if she would help me and of course the wonderful woman that she is said yes. So this morning i went to hobby lobby and found some knobs for 50% off and they were so dang cute. So i went over to her house and got right to work. I just let her show me how to do it and was a little nervous to take the raines but did and actually had a lot of fun and so did she. I cant wait to do it to another piece of furniture. Thanks Jenna for all your help it looks awesome.





















I started to paint and realized i didnt take a before picture
i was so mad but this at least shows what it looked like before.




















After painting was completed




















Antiqued with cute knobs added with it

















Cute knobs up close i love them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love love love the color! Well done my friend!

Denise said...

Looks great!

Cadi said...

It's darling! Great job!