Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My very first 10K!

I had been training for this 10k for maybe a month and a half to 2 months. but training all that time didnt prepare me for the altitude change, hills and inclines. It was pretty ruff and just wanted to give up and go back home but i knew i couldnt give up. I was pretty nervous the morning of but i still managed to get it together and just do it. It was suppose to start at 6 but started a little later than that. I ran most of it but had to stop just a couple of times towards the end cause i thought i was going to pass out cause i couldnt breathe that well. I am so glad that i made this a goal of mine and stuck with it. it helped realize i had a great passion for running and really enjoyed the open road. I just loved to get my ipod and just run. I am glad i did and cant wait to sign up for another run to keep me motivated and wanting to keep running even though this heat is tuff to make myself go outside and run. I was glad to see my mom sister heidi and brother in law bruce at the end. after it was over i wanted to sit down but my brother in law told me not to and to keep moving seriously i was like no way but i did to avoid muscle cramps. Here are a few pictures of me at the end i dont look that great but hey i was at the end of running a 10k. I am proud of myself for doing it!





















2 comments:

Cadi said...

Good job! That's awesome you have pictures! I don't have any from the races I did- wish I did. Maybe it'd motivate me to get moving again!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

That is amazing! I am so impressed!