Saturday, December 6, 2008

coltons arrival

Colton was born 11/26 12:12 am. He weighed 8lbs 5oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He was 3 weeks early. Can you imagine if he were to have stayed in there for 3 more weeks, watchout i would have had a turkey. He is the cutest and worth it.

How it began was getting an ultrasound that monday stating that he weighed 7.5 to 8 lbs. at that point i knew that i was done being prego and wanted to get him out. the next day at work i went on 3 long walks with my friend to see if we could get something going. It wasnt until the end of the day i went to the bathroom and there was some leakage going on. I thought is this my water leaking but then it stopped so i wasnt really sure. So i started on my way to get my hair done which i was super excited about, i called my sister to see how it was when her water broke. She told me to call my doctor to make sure but she said to go to the hospital. I called my doctor and they told me to go to the hospital. So onto the hospital i went. I still really wanted to get my hair done thinking that i could still go but boy was a wrong.then all of a sudden there was more leakage and i didnt have any control over it. I then called andrew and told him to meet me at the hospital. He was scared and shaking he said on the way to the hospital. I made it to the hospital and didnt really want to get out cause i knew what was going to happen. sure enough it went everywhere. I was soaked and my water was coming out the bottom of my pants thats how bad it was. i started running to well fast walking to the labor and delivery. They wheeled my right into a room skipping triage all together.
The nurse hooked my all up and checked me and at that point i was a 4. In the mean time all of my sisters and andrews parents were on there way there to be with us. we sat around for another hour and a half and i was checked again i was at a tight 5. My doctor happened to be there fo another delivery and wanted to give me patosine to speed it up which i was totally fine with. The nurse then came back in and checked me and i was at an 8. At that point it was 11:30 and the nurse said lets do a trial run and push and see what happens. well i pushed and his head was right there. So we did some more pushing and in mid pushing i was told to stop, just to let you all know that hurt so bad to stop.he was getting closer so the nurse called the doctor in and got everything ready to delivery the little guy. Oh just to let you know andrews dad was not in the room when i was pushing and all that in case anyone was wondering. anyways, when the doctor came i was pushing and his head came out but his shoulders could come out so i was put flat on my back and legs straight up in the air and was told to push it was weird but worked. Finally he was here i only pushed for 30 min which was nice cause if i had to do that any longer i dont know that i could do it. Andrew has been a big help he held my leg to help me push and had diaper duty in the hosptial. He is so cute with him and just loves him to death. we are excited and scared for what is to come but know that we can do this together.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm totally stalking your blog cuz this is my 2nd comment today but I wanted you to know that I want you to be able to see my blog because I'm pretty sure I don't have your email on there. I need the email address you sign in to your blog with! you can email it to me at jennawinters@gmail.com! Thanks!

Cossebooms said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad to see that you updated, and that you were able to post pictures. I will be looking forward to many more posts about your cute little family!

Lyndsay Winters said...

yea! you posted with pictures and everything! Aren't you totally in love with that little boy?! Being a mom is an amazing thing. Welcome to the family little Colton!

Cadi said...

Loving you guys so much! I was so happy to see a post! Good luck over the next 4 weeks. It's tough and absolutley bliss at the same time.

Love you guys!

Denise aka Nana said...

You did it! I new you could. He is absolutly beautiful! I can't wait to meet him! -Denise

Cody, Marianne, and Preston :o) said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting that he is finally here! And I'm glad you didn't bake that little boy any longer or he may have come out a toddler- that's a good sized little boy for 3 weeks early!:) It's so nice to see you all are happy & healthy and enjoying your perfect little boy:o) We hope to be able to meet him soon!

Sarah said...

YAY!. I love you guys. I am so glad he is finally here! I love your story!